Wednesday, April 28, 2010


I think that the Story "diner for one" was kind of odd. The butler gets drunk,and the old woman suffers from old age and lonliness( and possibly schitzofrenia) in this strange comedy. sheer goofeyness and repitition gives this peice a british humor feel. one apparently significant line within the play is "Same procedure as every year". i feel there are two interpretations. one is the old woman has schitzofrenia, and the butler is "the guests", or, the old woman is lonley, and she wants to get the butler drunk so he takes he "up stairs". those are my interpretations.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha!!! I thought this movie was so funny. I really felt bad for the old women who you think may be suffering from "schitzofrenia" good observation, but honestly the butler makes this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think she just want to take him upstairs because she feel lonely sleeping at night jajajaja

    ReplyDelete